Right here, right now, online you can reach in minutes the physical ground that the Apostle Paul and other game changers covered in years. Like Paul, each one of us can use God’s Word to teach, warn, motivate, and inject God’s perspective into popular culture.
You can share your life and how God is moving in it. You can mobilize people to pray, to give, to rebuild, to extend hope, and to step forward with the fresh revelation and power that God promised each and every one of us.
Here are seven ways to start…
- Pray. Ask God the best way to share what He is showing you.
- Make it your business to know God’s Word. Use scripture in context, and share with others what it means to you, as the need arises.
- Use a variety of resources. Provide friends and followers with relevant resources or links, such as sermons, videos, and blog posts that may instruct or inspire them.
- Use open-ended questions. Spark deeper conversation and build strong, sincere, online rapport. Doing so will help you gauge what’s on the hearts and minds of people in your community.
- Keep a prayer journal. List the key people you interact with online. This can change weekly or monthly. Beside each name write the needs or ways the Holy Spirit is leading you to pray. Track the testimony!
- Bring your faith-based perspective to conversations. During local or global tragedies such as random violence, earthquakes, floods, and war be prepared with a Christian worldview. Your words can be powerful and bring hope to seemingly hopeless situations.
- Find a wise pastor or writer who inspires you. Share his or her thoughts with others. You can find many great Christian leaders with perspective that you may wish to “borrow,” but always remember to attribute your content. It is an honor to be an echo chamber for other men and women of God.
What else can you do to change the game online?