What you do speaks louder than anything you could ever say.
Social media gives others the opportunity to see into your life. It doesn’t take long for them to figure out what holds your heart, where you spend your time, how you honor family and friends, and that you are clearly different-peculiar-in a refreshing kind of way. People are literally reading your life one blog, video, picture, or update at a time. And you know what, it just might be the only Truth they ever personally encounter.
When what you say lines up with what you do–people are drawn to the quality of your character and inspired by the integrity of your life. And if you are bold enough to let them know you are a Christian–the final evidence of it will be in how they see you love.
So be a living example of His light and love in action:
- Boldly represent the faith in what you say and what you do.
- Invite others to hold you accountable for the alignment between your talk and walk.
- Demonstrate responsible stewardardship of your heart, thoughts, words, and actions.
- Talk candidly and encourage your family and friends about the significance of God-honoring values and behaviors online.
- Set time limits and fervently monitor the time you spend online.
- Show respect for life and safety -never text, tweet, Facebook, or check e-mail while driving.
- Don’t allow social media or – shiny gadgets- to diminish or distract from your face-to-face time with others.
What you say and do represents your Redeemer to the world. By grace-keep it real and get it right. #LiveSticky
What else demonstrates His light and love in action?