God designed an amazing super highway between the heart and mind. Fearfully and wonderfully made – you bet.
What we know, that many don’t, is that through the power of the Holy Spirit, we’ve been divinely hot-wired to achieve holiness. God uses this intricate system. He deposits a revelation in the heart and transfers it instant express mail to the mind for processing, planning, and ultimately-execution.
The human mind processes billions of messages and most of the responses to them are automatic. By the grace of God, you’ve been given a manual overdrive called choice. The tricky part is slowing down long enough to own it and exercise it. If you do, you’ll choose differently what you allow in and what you let out.
If you want His Light to be on your outbound express – then get started on today’s shape up plan for your thinking:
- Think inclusive, not exclusive, before you engage.
- Stay abreast of current events and consider how they impact members of your online communities and the world, before you add to the conversation.
- Review carefully and approve all links to videos, slide shows, blogs, and articles and thoughts that are not your own.
- Remember to properly attribute quotes, articles, and thoughts that belong to someone else.
- Refrain from the instant impulse to use social media as a platform to aggravate political, religious, or social arguments.
- View social media as a tool to educate, edify, and inform.
- Think carefully about how you create emphasis-for example, remember writing in all caps is the equivalent of yelling at someone. (Is that really what you want to do?)
Post / Tweet this:
Check your thoughts at the foot of the throne and God will edit them through the filter of His holiness. #LiveSticky
How else can a digital scribe shape up his or her thinking to be His Light – online?