by Toni Birdsong
Love is awesome because God is Love. We hope these truths and reflections on love help you love bigger, live deeper, and extend astonishing grace today to those around you. Whether you are single, coupled, widowed, divorced, or somewhere in between remember: the desire for love and to be loved exists because God first loved us. It’s a divine gift. So handle the hearts around you with care. Love God and one another well today on Valentine’s Day . . . and every day.
Twitter & FB #LiveSticky #Love discount today: Enjoy @stickyJesus: how to live out your faith online today for $10. Here’s your discount code for this location: Y6FXZHQB.
- “Love the Lord with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind . . . and love your neighbor as yourself.” ~Jesus Christ, Matt. 22:37-39 (paraphrased)
- “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~Jimi Hendrix
- “To love another person is to see the face of God.” ~Victor Hugo (Les Miserables)
- “The human heart tells us that we are more alike than we are unalike.” ~Maya Angelou (Letter to My Daughter)
- “Because God has made us for Himself, our hearts are restless until they rest in Him.” ~Augustine of Hippo
- “Love is God, and to die means that I, a particle of love, shall return to the general and eternal source.” ~Leo Tolstoy
- “The function of freedom is to free someone else.” ~Toni Morrison
- “People should fall in love with their eyes closed.” ~Andy Warhol
- “There is nothing more truly artistic than to love people.” ~Vincent van Gogh
- “At the end of the day people won’t remember what you said or did, they will remember how you made them feel.” ~Maya Angelou
- “What we once enjoyed and deeply loved we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us.” ~ Helen Keller
- “Look for God. Look for God like a man with his head on fire looks for water.” ~Elizabeth Gilbert
- “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.” ~1 Cor. 2:9
- “We weren’t meant to be somebody–we were meant to know Somebody.” ~John Piper
- “Love extravagantly.” ~1 Cor. 13:13
- “In my deepest wound I saw your glory, and it dazzled me.” ~Augustine of Hippo
- “Remember, you are special because I made you. And I don’t make mistakes.” ~Max Lucado
- “Go after a life of love as if your life depended on it- because it does.” ~ 1 Cor. 14:1, The Message
- “When you stop expecting people to be perfect, you can like them for who they are.” ~ Donald Miller
- “It’s not what you do, but how much love you put into it that matter.” ~Rick Warren
- “A good marriage is where both people feel like they’re getting the better end of the deal.” ~Anne Lamott (Joe Jones)
- “Define yourself radically as one beloved by God. This is the true self. Every other identity is illusion.” ~Brennan Manning
- Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind. “Pooh?” he whispered.
“Nothing,” said Piglet, taking Pooh’s hand.
“I just wanted to be sure of you.” ~A.A. Milne (Winnie the Pooh)
- “Love is not a feeling, it’s an ability.” ~Dan in Real Life, the film
- “Love is never wrong and so it never dies.” ~The Lion King 2, the film
- “Live like you were dying, Love because you are.” ~Mark Green
- “Love is how you stay alive, even after you are gone.” ~Mitch Albom
- “Love is always open arms. If you close your arms about love you will find that you are left holding only yourself.” ~Leo Buscaglia
- “There’s a crack (or cracks) in everyone…that’s how the light of God gets in.” ~Elizabeth Gilbert
- “Can miles truly separate you from friends… If you want to be with someone you love, aren’t you already there?” ~Richard Bach
- “I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.” ~Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “A woman’s heart should be so hidden in God that a man has to seek Him just to find her.” ~Max Lucado
- “Hate the sin, love the sinner.” ~Mahatma Gandhi
- “Some people care too much. I think it’s called love.” ~ A.A. Milne (Winnie-the-Pooh)
- “Sometimes love means letting go when you want to hold on tighter.” ~Melissa Marr
- “Where there is great love, there are always miracles.” ~Willa Cather
- “Love is not a because, it’s a no matter what.” ~Jodi Picoult (Second Glance)
- “Sometimes God allows what he hates to accomplish what he loves.” ~Joni Eareckson Tada (The God I Love)
- “Love is a choice.” ~Gary Chapman
- “No hatred.” ~ Corrie ten Boom (The Hiding Place)
What’s your favorite quote on love? Share the love here.
Post/Tweet (any of the above) or this today:
You are God’s love letter to the world. Love big. Love well. Love all. #LiveSticky