- Captive Audience. Get interrupted a lot? Facebook allows you to get your ideas across without interference. This = influence. Users with 600+ friends have the ability to multiply their ideas and content to Top News or Most Recent. This is great if you have a cause, a business, or a passion you want to share. Think about it: the sky is the limit! (Facebook is the ultimate faith-sharing app for this generation).
- The Facebook Blog. Here you will find the latest Facebook updates and ways to maximize Facebook personally and professionally. Topics include privacy issues, news, photo tips, and interface updates.
- Facebook Deals. This is a feature of Facebook that allows you to find local deals. You’ll get coupons, specials, and location check-in deals.
- Hide Feeds. This is great if you have a friend who either updates too often and monopolizes your feed or may post content that’s offensive. Just go to the right of their latest post in your feed and hover over the “x”. The drop down will allow you to delete the post, or hide all posts by that user without hurting their feelings by defriending or blocking them.
- Showcase Your Fav Friends. A little-known feature in Facebook lets you decide who shows up in the Friends box on the left of your profile page. Click the tiny “edit” pencil in your Friends box and check the names of your best friends. You can create a list (ie: True Friends or Thinking of You) and change it out from time to time. A great way to keep people on your mind or even have a weekly prayer list.
- Status Statistics. This app analyzes your Facebook updates and gives you a really cool list of how many updates you’ve written and how many times a day you post. You’ll also find graphs, an archive of updates (2 years back). This app is beyond cool!
- Facebook 101: Check out Mashable’s Facebook Guide Book. Get everything from a list of apps, to news, to tips, and tricks. This guide will help you dig into the hundreds of things Facebook is capable of you likely haven’t tapped.
What is your favorite thing about Facebook? Teach us something new!
Post/Tweet This Today:
It’s impossible to imagine the things that God has prepared for you. Keep your heart wide open today. #LiveSticky