The next time you start getting whiny that you can’t seem to find the “Like” button in your life, jump on Facebook. Studies show that for many people, Facebook can be a genuine mood lifter and postive way to connect with others daily.
Here are 7 things you gotta “Like” about Facebook:
- Instant Connection. Anytime of the day or night, you can connect with someone either with a Comment, Direct Message, or a live chat. Facebook has become some people’s anti-depressant, and if you read the stories in @stickyJesus, you’ll find amazing, life-changing moments happening on Facebook every day.
- Photo Albums. Want a guaranteed joy ride? Cruise through your high school friends’ photo albums. Get lost in the ‘80s and go into hysterics when you see your oh-so-buoyant Flock of Seagulls hairdo.
- Comedy Central. Someone is always cracking a great joke or posting a hilarious video, photo, or brutally honest life commentary. So buck up, listen to others, and laugh about the things in life you just can’t change.
- Parents as “Friends.” If your parents are on Facebook, you begin to see them as real people (as opposed to Lego people). It dawns on you that you are no longer (and never were) the center of their universe. They really do know other people and those people really do like them and appreciate how amazing they’ve always been. (Catch up!)
- Facebook Places. If you get a little savvy and start to use Facebook Places, you can see where some of your more annoying friends are eating lunch. . . and promptly go the other way. Or, you can use this great Facebook feature to find the friends who owe you money corner them before they buy one more burrito.
- Facebook Stories. You can go into Facebook Stories, the virtual “family room” of Facebook where all the good stuff is archived. Here you will laugh, cry, and be inspired as you read true stories about incredible reunions, extraordinary moments, and miracles that take place on Facebook everyday. Get comfortable. You could be here for hours.
- Happy Stalking. Yes, there’s a “right” way to stalk on Facebook (don’t judge). It’s called Happy Stalking and it’s purely cathartic. Say you’ve always wanted to be a cowboy. You can click over to your buddy Sam’s page. Sam lives in Pleasantville, Kentucky (a far cry from your cramped corner cube in the high rise downtown). You can trace Sam’s steps as he saddles up old Geronimo, herds the cows for a spell, fixes some of granny’s blue-ribbon sweet tea, then falls asleep out on the porch counting fireflies and blessings. Ahhh. Now, you’ve gotta “like” that!
What do you “Like” about Facebook? Secrets welcome!
Post/Tweet this today:
Lord, thank you for creating me for such a time as this. Help me to embrace the “heart” of technology. #LiveSticky
Tags: Christians online