Deep calls to deep at the roar of your waterfalls; all your breakers and your waves have gone over me.
~Psalm 42:7, ESV
Often we miss a holy moment when we fail to take an online conversation to the one place that is needed. Sometimes simply asking the next question gets you there. As we listen to others online, and the Holy Spirit prompts, the best way to go deeper, is to ask that “next” question in a Direct Message or an email. Here are some questions that may help you get you to the “post behind the post:”
- How did that happen?
- How can I pray for you?
- How can I help you?
- How did that make you feel?
- How are you really doing today?
- What do you plan to do next?
- What scares you the most about that?
- What’s the worst that can happen?
- What do you need right now?
- What else do you want to share?
- Why do you feel that way?
- Why does that matter to you?
- Why are you so down today?
- Why don’t we talk offline?
- Why don’t you tell me more?
What questions did we miss? What works for you?
Listening is one of the deepest acts of love you can extend to another person. ~Pg. 80, @stickyJesus. #LiveSticky