Satan can’t read your mind but he sure knows how to sit on your shoulder and whisper smack talk in your ear doesn’t he? He’s determined to bring you down, take you out, and is working overtime to short circuit God’s work in your life.
The last thing this legendary annihilator wants is another digital scribe—ordained by Christ—shredding darkness with a click and a post. So don’t get sidetracked, know how to spot the lies . . .
God’s got something big for you to do here and now and entertaining lies is not on His higher agenda. So tune your heart to His truth, and stand up to shred anything that sounds like this:
1. unacceptable: You aren’t loved and accepted by anyone important in your life. Look at that pitiful group that follows you online. They’re seriously weak.
2. an embarrassment: You’ll never be valuable or make a difference because it’s impossible for you to change. When you post something people are going to see what an embarrassment you really are.
3. insignificant: You don’t matter because you don’t have a big time position or title. Everyone will know that’s true once you mention whom you’re with, where you’re going, and what you’re doing.
4. worthless: Your life is a train wreck. Face it, you are a big zero in the grand scheme of things. If you start trying to be transparent online people are going to say, “No thank you, if that’s what living for Jesus is all about—count me out.” Your life will cause people to run from Christ, not bring them closer to Him.
5. unimportant: You’re a joke. No one important will ever pay attention to you. Forget about anyone hitting your like button, commenting on your blog, or retweeting anything you post. You might as well be invisible.
6. a failure: Look in the mirror. See that failed whale looking back at you? You’ve never succeeded at anything you’ve ever attempted to do. Get real. What makes you think any time you spend online will make any kind of difference?
7. a loser: You’re one of life’s biggest losers. Everyone makes more money, has more friends, and gets more attention than you ever will. People are going to see you as the very thing they hope they never become. Winners don’t hang with losers.
Call them out for what they are: lies meant to destroy you as a channel of truth; lies meant to kill your momentum and purpose. But remember, God gave us His word to glue us to His heart and His mind—especially when ours fail us.
How do you overcome the mental traps set to derail you?
The accuser is a loser. You are God’s beloved and will not be consumed. His love for you changes not. #LiveSticky