Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. Psalm 139:7-8
by Toni Birdsong
So many times we overcomplicate the simple. We wrestle with things for a lifetime that could have been settled in a moment had we stopped to really listen and truly understand. How many riches have we rushed past on our way to fill another gap? Whether you are Christ follower, a fence walker, or a non-believer who just stumbled on to this post “by chance,” Jesus Christ has something to say to you right now. He has called out your heart amid a digital stream of millions to make sure you hear His voice and understand how far His love will go to find you.
Here’s what Jesus wants you to know:
- You are my beloved. (Eph. 5:1)
- I knew you before you were born. As my hands formed you, I whispered purpose into your bones. I can’t not love you. (Ps. 139:1-6)
- I love you beyond human reason—even at your very worst, steeped in sin. (Rom. 5:8)
- My love is contrary to all you know of “love.” I Love you “even though” and “deeper still.” My love reaches, pursues, remains. (Ps. 36:5)
- My Love for you won’t walk out, fail, or ever come to an end. (Deut. 31:8)
- No matter what you’ve heard or what you’ve come to believe, there’s nothing that can separate you from my Love. (Rom. 8:38-39)
- I am not like people. So please—don’t put human words in my mouth or apply human behaviors to my character. You will miss me altogether. (Isaiah 55:8)
- I’ve never ignored you. I’ve been here all along. Protecting. Loving. Waiting. (Ps. 56:8)
- Your love of _____ (sin) isn’t worth eternity. I will break your chains. I will give you the desires of your heart. (Jn. 8:32, Ps. 37:4)
- Please forgive some of my followers. People—even Christian people—will fail you. You live in a fallen land, where no one is perfect and all need My grace. Put your faith and trust in Me alone. (Psalm 146:3)
- There’s no sin I will not forgive. You are the “whosoever believes in me” whom I will give eternal life . . . if you believe. (John 3:16)
- As resourceful and brilliant as you are, you cannot save yourself. It’s by God’s grace and faith in Me alone that you are saved. (Eph 2:8-9)
- I understand your pain and heartbreak. And my heart breaks with you. (Is. 53:3)
- There’s nowhere you can go where my Love won’t find you. (Psalm 139:7-8)
- The shame and guilt weighs you down has been taken care of on the cross. Your bill has been zeroed out. (John 3:16)
- The addictions. The pride. The selfishness. The hate. The lust. The jealousy. The critical spirit. The greed. I can heal it. All of it. You can start fresh. Today. (Rom. 8:1-4)
- I will forgive you. But only if you ask. And I care more about the “ask” than I do about the sin. (Acts 3:19)
- I will not force you to do or be anything. I want a relationship with you more than I want to rule over you. (Jeremiah 31:3)
- I will forgive your sin and I will forget it. That’s right—completely erase it from my mind. No replays, no record. Gone. (Ps. 103:12)
- It’s never too late to turn your life around. I came to give second chances. (Luke 23:42-43)
- I love you. Let’s talk. (Jer. 29:13)
Which of these verses is speaking to your heart right now?
Post/Tweet today any of the above in your stream or on your Facebook. Put the hashtag #LoveJesus on the end of each/any tweet.
You’ll never look at social networks the same way again. Buy your copy of @stickyJesus: how to live out your faith online TODAY. A must-have resource for pastors, leaders, and parents.