By Tami Heim
God longs for you to fall in love with the things that hold His heart and for your purposes to align perfectly with His. He schedules no time-outs when it comes to completing His master plan.
He is the God that rescues, redeems, and restores.
Oh how He desires for you to be part of it. God makes His presence known and He wants it to be known through you.
Jesus tells us in John 15:16-17, “You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed to you to go and bear fruit-fruit that will last Then the Father will give whatever you ask in my name. This is my commad: Love each other.”
God has appointed you to bear fruit and love people here, there, and everywhere. Bearing fruit and loving people begins in family, covers close friends, and grows within the church. It spills over into the workplace, community, and most certainly into online relationships. It has the potential to reach the other side of the world and back again, if you simply let it.
“God has created me to do Him some definite service; He has committed some work to me, which He has not committed to another. I have my mission – I may never know it in this life, but I shall be told it in the next… I have a part in a great work; I am a link in a chain, a bond of connection between persons.” – Cardinal John Henry Newman
Expand your reach
Below are 10 global ministries where you can go global, bear fruit, and love others. Find where God’s leading and the Kingdom’s thriving. Each one here is linked to purpose, bonded by faith, and is a connection between a broken world and eternal Hope. Read the overviews (oh so slightly adapted from the ones found on their sites.) Click on each one. Go deeper. Explore.
1. Global Media Outreach is a global ministry that presents the good news of Jesus Christ online 24/7. Their goal is to stay on the cutting edge of global communication technologies to share Jesus and help believers grow in their faith worldwide.
2. Global Orphan Project is a global orphan care ministry headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri. They mobilize local churches in some of the poorest areas on earth to care for the neediest orphaned and vulnerable children in their communities; children of last resort with no viable means of care. A vibrant, viral network of global givers fuels the growth of this grassroots movement for orphans.
4. World Vision is a Christian humanitarian organization dedicated to working with children, families, and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.
5. Compassion International responds to the Great Commission and exists as advocate for children to release them from spiritual, economic, social and physical poverty and enable them to become responsible and fulfilled Christian adults.
6. Opportunity International provides small business loans, savings, insurance and training to more than two million people working their way out of poverty in the developing world. Clients in over 20 countries use these financial services to start or expand a business, provide for their families, create jobs for their neighbors and build a safety net for the future.
7. Women’s Rights Without Frontiers is a broad-based, international coalition opposing forced abortion and sexual slavery in China. The immediate goal is to raise public awareness regarding the coercive enforcement of China’s One Child Policy, the connection between this coercion and human trafficking in Asia, and the other human rights abuses that arise out of this coercive enforcement. The long-term goal is to champion freedom, justice and women’s rights, in China and worldwide, by exposing violations of women’s rights, equipping the media and the public to understand these violations, and extending help to the victims themselves, as well as to those who stand up for freedom and justice for women.
8. Blood Water Mission, a grassroots organization, empowers communities to work together against the HIV/AIDS and water crises in Africa.
9. Soles4 Souls, a Nashville-based charity, collects shoes from the warehouses of footwear companies and the closets of people like you. The charity distributes these shoes to people in need, regardless of race, religion, class, or any other criteria. Since 2005, Soles4Souls has given away over 14 million pairs of new and gently worn shoes (currently donating one pair every 7 seconds.) The shoes have been distributed to people in over 127 countries, including Kenya, Thailand, Nepal and the United States.
10. Sweet Sleep is a faith-based nonprofit organization which provides beds to the world’s orphaned and abandoned children, demonstrating God’s love for them and improving their quality of life. Sweet Sleep’s vision is for every orphaned child in the world to lie down in their own bed reminding them they are loved, protected and cared for with hope for the future through Jesus Christ.
What other ministries do you love and support? Let us know, share a link, and tell us how we can connect!
Post / Tweet This:
I am His, and He is carrying out His work through me. – Oswald Chambers #LiveSticky