By Tami Heim
For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this? - Esther 4;14, NIV
Mobilizing people online to pray, worship, donate, and exchange praiseworthy content exists right here within your God-given social media territory. You can do it and so can every believer with a heart willing to pray, power up, log on, and serve. But there’s one more thing you can do and it holds remarkable power.
You can share your personal faith story online.
While your story is unique, embedded in it are phrases of familiarity that often resemble the paragraphs found in the script of another person’s life. Where common text exists, even if it’s just a sentence or two, the shared commentary instantly creates a bond.
There’s an anointing in the sweet overlap between your story and someone else’s story. It’s at that place the Holy Spirit begins to bring someone from death to new life. The Good News that rescues, saves, and redeems is released.
Five sites to help and inspire you to share your faith online…
1. How to Write Your Christian Testimony This post outlines how to articulate your story in six easy steps. We love how simply it flows. Beyond providing good instruction on format, you’ll discover words that will help you keep it real and easy for others to understand.
2. Uganda Short-term Mission Guide This link also offers solid instruction on how to order your story with emphasis on purpose, sequence, language, and the different ways people come to faith. Both the first one and this one, are sure to help you communicate your story well.
3. Ministry of the Word: Personal Testimonies Here you’ll find the written stories by great men and women of the faith. Powerful text crafted long ago and wholly centered on a message independent of time, change, and cyberspace. Each story is now digitally documented with world-wide accessibility for future generations.
4. Voice of the Martyrs Video content from around the world collects the stories of persecuted Christians. People living every day at great risk for their faith. Each one promises to push the boundaries of your own commitment and challenge how you currently proclaim Christ.
5. I am Second Professionally produced, this site assembles contemporary video and gives voice to high-profile individuals in today’s culture. Each one has made a deliberate decision to use their celebrity to make Christ known and inspire others to do the same.
Dear friends, you live in a time of abundant creativity and communication. It’s exciting to see the body embrace what’s possible. By pursuing new technology even our churches are finding new ways to share the impact of Jesus Christ in the lives of their members.
For those that love the Lord, being quiet just isn’t an option anymore….How will you choose to share your faith online?
Post / Tweet this:
You’re a story of God’s rescue & redemption. Staying quiet isn’t an option. It’s time for you to be heard: http://tinyurl.com/3lehv9e #LiveSticky