Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. – Matthew 11:28 – 30, NIV
By Tami Heim
Pushing, striving, and straining are not how God intends for you to live, work, or serve. Instead He instructs you to seek Him first, trust Him always, and obey His Word. Choose that path and He will accomplish and complete all He desires to do in you and through you. Align with Him and the boundaries and balance in this life online and off line become clear. Surrender your ways and move in His.
How magnificent this invitation to exchange a life of striving for a life of thriving in the abundance of His overflow.
As you seek Him, He restores and transforms you.
- But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. – Matthew 6:33
- Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up. – Psalm 71:20
- Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is–his good, pleasing and perfect will. – Romans 12:2
As you trust Him, He assures and calms.
- God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in time of trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change, and though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea; though its waters roar and foam though the mountains quake at its swelling pride. – Psalm 46:1-3
- For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him we speak the “Amen” to the glory of God. Now it is God who makes us stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come. II Corinthians 1: 20-22
- I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. – John 16:33
As you obey Him, He guides and provides.
- We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. – II Corinthians 10:5
- For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” – Jeremiah 29:11
- And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. – Philippians 4:19
Choose to believe all that the Father has promised you. Release that grip on your stubborn ways, relinquish the burdens you’ve carried far too long, and now rest in the irresistible overflow of His abundant mercy and grace.
And what shall meet the deep unrest around thee, but the calm peace of God that filled His Breast? For still a living Voice calls to the weary, from Him who said, “Come unto me and rest.” – Freda Hanburry Allen
How do you find rest that revives your soul?
Enjoy rest and relief in the irresistible overflow of His abundant mercy and grace. #LiveSticky