By Tami Heim
Do you ever get tangled up in online conversations that strive to clarify Truth? Every day waves of voices compete to rise above the noise. The sound jams the high-speed connections of your life with a constant buzz. Discernment can be challenging. You begin to wonder, “Has the truth always been this complicated? What happened to simply living out my faith?”
It’s unsettling to feel the push and pulls of religious debates as they bump and bruise the essence of what you believe. In every network stream, someone is serving up theology by way of numbered lists, strict guidelines, ordered facts, or linked references. All of them are well intended and created to help you, and the rest of us, get it right.
But then, just when you need it the most, the utter purity of the good news gently rolls in to quiet the noise & dispel the confusion.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. – John 3:16, NIV
Miraculous. Mysterious. Majestic. More than enough.
Now imagine the possibility of living out your faith – simply
- Longing and praying for unity just like Jesus did… That all of them may be one, Father,just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. ~ John 17:21
- Choosing to seek and love the lost… For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost. ~ Luke 19:10
- Walking with confidence as a joint heir… Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.~ Romans 8:17
- Extending compassion and grace… The LORD is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. ~ Psalm 103:8
- Humbly accepting the Word of Truth that saves… Humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.~ James 1:21B
- Proclaiming faithfully the hope from within… Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.~ I Peter 3:15
Imagine the outcome
- Lives submitting fully to Lordship of Jesus Christ… You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of human beings. ~ I Corinthians 7:23
- Glory returning to the only worthy One… So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. ~ I Corinthians 10:31
- Biblical example permeating action… Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ. ~ I Corinthians 11:1
- Sanctification purifying and restoring hearts… And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, the Spirit of our God justified you in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. ~ I Corinthians 6:11
- Grace flowing continuously… For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved. ~ I Corinthians 10:33
- God’s will reigning… “I have the right to do anything”— but I will not be mastered by anything.~ I Corinthians 6:12
By His grace…today you can more than just imagine
What do you think we miss when we over complicate truth?
Post / Tweet this:
God loves. God gave. If you believe, you live. #PassItOn #LiveSticky