Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. ~ Hebrews 4:16, NIV
By Tami Heim
A culturally relevent image and a life-changing invitation occupy the text of a letter sent to Jewish believers. The author knows men and women ache to understand what will replace the life once governed by law, sacrifice, and tradition.
The answer arrives and it’s pure, simple, and amazing. The revelation transforms hearts and alters life ~ forever.
Compassionate High Priest.
Rescues the lost. Mends what’s broken.
Redeems by grace.
Everything fits like new.
Beloved, the message and the invitation remain the same. Confidently drawn near. Listen carefully. Submit wholly. Receive fully. God’s mercy and grace are waiting at the throne for you!
- Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right & power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God. – John Piper
- The beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair. ~Relient K
- [The gospel] demonstrates his mysterious love and reveals his amazing grace. ~ Sovereign Grace Ministries Statement of Faith
- It is a sure mark of grace to desire more. ~ Robert Murray M’Cheyne
- The greatest expression of God’s grace in a person’s life is not its demonstration toward others, but its response to God and His cause. – Scott Hafemann
- We hold that man is never so near grace as when he begins to feel he can do nothing at all. ~ C.H. Spurgeon
- Grace is the good pleasure of God that inclines Him to bestow benefits upon the undeserving. ~ A.W. Tozer
- Passivity under the action of divine grace creates a spiritual being able to serve in truth and for God. ~ Jeff Pioquinto
- Our only ‘qualitification’ for God’s grace is our emptiness, not our fullness; our un-deservingness, not our deservingness. – Peter Kreeft
- It is grace that forms the void inside us and it is grace that can fill the void. ~ Simone Weil
- Grace a gift that can only be felt when you are open enough to accept it. — God says to Joan, Joan of Arcadia
- Grace is but glory begun, and glory is but grace perfected. ~ Jonathan Edwards
- Grace is the love of God shown to the unlovely. ~ Jerry Bridges
- That is the mystery of grace: it never comes too late. ~ François Mauriac
- The burden of life is from us, its lightness from the grace of Christ and the love of God. ~ William Ullanthorne
- The law detects. Grace alone conquers sin. ~ Saint Augustine of Hippo
- The law tells me how crooked I am. Grace comes along and straightens me out. ~ D.L. Moody
- Grace is given to heal the spiritually sick, not to decorate spiritual heroes ~ Martin Luther
- We’re all stumbling towards the light with varying degrees of grace at any given moment. ~ Bo Lozoff
- God appoints our graces to be nurses to other men’s weaknesses. ~ Henry Ward Beecher
- God is no faultfinder, always looking for things to condemn in us. He estimates us at our best, not our worst. – Anon
- Man is born broken. He lives by mending. The grace of God is glue. ~ Eugene Gladstone O’Neil
- Grace makes you gracious. The Giver makes you give. ~ E. Stanley Jones
- Grace does not destroy nature. It perfects it. ~ Saint Thomas Aquinas
- Grace grows best in winter. ~ Samuel Rutherford
- Grace is a certain beginning of glory in us. ~ Saint Thomas Aquinas
- Grace is love that cares, stops, and rescues. ~ John R. W. Stott
- A man must completely despair of himself in order to become fit to obtain the grace of Christ. ~ Martin Luther
- Abounding sin is the terror of the world, but abounding grace is the hope of mankind. ~ A. W. Tozer
- All men who live with any degree of serenity live by some assurance of grace. ~Reinhold Niebuhr
- For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them. ~ Saint Augustine of Hippo
- Jesus wept; Voltaire smiled. From that divine tear and from that human smile is derived the grace of present civilization. ~ Victor Hugo
- I do not at all understand the mystery of grace – only that it meets us where we are but does not leave us where it found us. ~ Anne Lamott
- Grace is not simply leniency when we have sinned. Grace is the enabling gift of God not to sin. Grace is power, not just pardon. ~ John Piper
- Grace comes into the soul, as the morning sun into the world; first a dawning, then a light; and at last the sun in his full and excellent brightness. ~Thomas Adams
- Grace is free, but when once you take it, you are bound forever to the Giver and bound to catch the spirit of the Giver. ~ E. Stanley Jones
- The grace of God is infinite and eternal. As it had no beginning, so it can have no end, and being an attribute of God, it is as boundless as infinitude. – Anon
Before each day ends, be sure to share the gifts of grace given to you. #LiveSticky
What do you know to be true about the grace that covers you?