He said to them, â€œGo into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.” – Mark 16:15, NIV
By Tami Heim
The command has been given. There’s much work to do and it’s time for you, beloved digital disciple to GO. Â Don’t keep this lost and dying world waiting another moment longer.
The journey starts HERE:
- Pray – Pray – Pray â€“ Submit your heart, time, andÂ online conversation to the Lord. Allow Him to power you up before you power on each day.
- Focus on the agenda â€“ Stay on mission. Know why you are there and Who you serve.
- Listen carefully â€“ Thereâ€™s a lot of chatter, but among it are real people in real need of the Truth that can save them.
- Understand thereâ€™s a person behind every post â€“Hurt people hurt. It’s no different online. Donâ€™t judge or discriminate. Ask your Father to see the person behind the post through His eyes.
- Seek common ground â€“ Look for areas of common interest and use them as an open door to building a new relationship.
- Engage directly â€“ Speak directly to individuals online. Use a person’s name when you personally connect.
- Cultivate trust – Show up with regular frequency. Be consistent reaching out and checking in on others.
- Speak Truth â€“ Set boundaries. Commit to share content that reflects the character of Christ and keeps you on His agenda.
- Extend grace â€“ Love right over the rough spots of those you minister to online. Give to others the same grace you’ve been given.
- Lead well â€“ Influence the thinking and development on others and keep pointing them to the heart of your Redeemer
What makes you most effective in your online outreach to others?
Post / Tweet this:
I go because the love of Christ compels me. Nothing. Else. Matters. #LiveSticky
- 10 lessons for living out faith on Google + and beyond (stickyjesus.com)
- 10 Steps Resisting Online Temptations (psalmistandpoet.wordpress.com)
- avoiding Christianese: how to connect to non-believers online (stickyjesus.com)