Here I am, Send me! – Isaiah 6:8, NIV
By Tami Heim
Right now one faithful voice, filled with Holy Spirit inspiration, has the potential to reach millions around the world. The cyber mission field has emerged and God’s calling digital disciples to make a dent in the darkness found there. He’s asking you to power on!
We live in a time when people often talk about being ‘on mission’ in their work and life. This reference implies focus, determination, and purpose. You immediately picture people deliberately moving through life, striving to achieve a long list of specific goals they believe will deliver satisfaction and happiness.
Sadly, for many whatever is accomplished never quite obtains the satisfaction and happiness expected. The ‘more to life’ remains missing.
Christians on the other hand, often refer to being missional. The subtle modification of the word takes all this focus, determination, and purpose and redirects them toward an outcome that’s eternal – everlasting.
A missional life faithfully follows Jesus, trusts Him in all things, obeys His Word, and makes Him radically known.
If you listen to the voices of those who know what it means to whole-heartedly live a missional life, you’ll hear them calling to you. They’re urging you to get God’s vision and take your place among them.
“Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” - God
- I have but one candle of life to burn, and I would rather burn it out in the land filled with darkness than in a land flooded with light. ~ John Keith Falconer
- World missions were on God’s mind from the beginning. ~ Dave Davidson
- In the vast plan to the north I have sometimes seen, in the morning sun, the smoke of a thousand villages where no missionary has ever been. ~ Robert Moffat
- Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell; I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell. ~ C.T. Studd
- The gospel is only good news if it gets there in time. ~ Carl F. H. Henry
- We talk of the Second Coming; half the world has never heard of the first. ~ Oswald J. Smith
- Let my heart be broken with the things that break God’s heart. ~ Bob Pierce
- Lost people matter to God, and so they must matter to us. ~ Keith Wright
- You can give without loving. But you cannot love without giving. ~ Amy Carmichael
- If God’s love is for anybody anywhere, it’s for everybody everywhere. ~ Edward Lawlor
- Would that God would make hell so real to us that we cannot rest, heaven so real that we must have men there. ~ Hudson Taylor
- God isn’t looking for people of great faith, but for individuals ready to follow Him. ~ Hudson Taylor
- We must be global Christians with a global vision because our God is a global God. ~ John Stott
- The Great Commission is not an option to be considered; it is a command to be obeyed. ~ Hudson Taylor
- “Not called!” did you say? “Not heard the call,” I think you should say. ~ William Booth
- If a commission by an earthly king is considered an honor, how can a commission by a Heavenly King be considered a sacrifice? ~ David Livingstone
- The mission of the church is missions. ~ Oswald J. Smith
- If God calls you to be a missionary, don’t stoop to be a king. ~ Jordan Grooms
- If you take missions out of the Bible, you won’t have anything left but the covers. ~ Nina Gunter
- If Jesus Christ be God and died for me, then no sacrifice can be too great for me to make for Him. ~ C. T. Studd
- The mark of a great church is not its seating capacity, but its sending capacity. ~ Mike Stachura
- No reserves. No retreats. No regrets. ~ William Borden
Convinced? Then proclaim, “YES!” Power on. Go deep. Start now to boldly pursue the hearts of this next generation.
How has God used you on the cyber mission field? Share your stories with us!
Post / Tweet This:
Wanted: One faithful voice to reach the next generation. ALL those willing, apply within. #LiveSticky
- 5 sites to equip and inspire sharing faith online (stickyjesus.com)