by Toni Birdsong
A sobering reality that comes with our goal to #LiveSticky as Christ followers online is being wise to the enemy’s schemes. You know the score, beloved. The last thing the enemy wants to see is Jesus and His tribe of twenty-first-century, Internet-savvy followers gaining ground online. The enemy turns up the volume, complicates the simple, and amplifies the yammering so we don’t know which way is up. He is the cultivator of fear, paranoia, and intimidation. He is the master of confusion and the king of anxiety. His goal is the same as it was in the garden.
The enemy sets out each day to silence God’s message of hope and genuine relationship with His children. But you don’t have to pick up the lies the enemy is putting down. God’s Truth is your weapon as you log on each day.
Lies of the enemy
- You are in the minority in the online world.
- You are outvoted, outnumbered, and outranked here on earth.
- Your faith is obsolete tradition rather than the God-breathed origin of humankind.
- Your voice isn’t relevant.
- No one is listening to you.
- Engaging in social media is too hard, and you can’t make a difference.
- You’re living in end times, and the online world is too lost to change.
- Your inheritance includes the riches of heaven, and you belong to the holy majority (1 Peter 1:4; 1 John 4:4). You + God = a majority.
- As God’s child, you’ve been given dominion and power over this earth (Genesis 1:28).
- The earth is the Lord’s and everything in it (including the Internet).
- The voice of Truth—His voice through you—is desperately needed in online conversations (Psalm 78:6; Acts 1:8).
- You carry a message that has transformed every generation since the beginning of time (John 3:16; 2 Corinthians 4).
- Everywhere you turn online, ears (and hearts) are burning for truth and hope. The world is morally and spiritually starving to death (Isaiah 1; Matthew 5:14; Luke 5:31; Romans 5:8; 8:7–8; Philippians 2:15).
- We win (Job 19:25; Acts 1:11; 2 Thessalonians 2:8).
So get in the game beloved, there’s no turning back, sitting the bench, or asking the ref for a time out. God has given you have everything you need for triumph and promises that through Him you can do all things. It’s your responsiblity to influence the online conversation and tell a clicking, texting, searching generation that they can’t google their eternal life.
What scripture/s help you #LiveSticky (effective for Christ) each day?
Post/Tweet this today:
Fix your heart on Truth. You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you. All means ALL. #LiveSticky