Behold, you delight in truth in the inward being, and you teach me wisdom in the secret heart. Psalm 51:6, ESV
by Tami Heim
In the conversations at The Cove, with Ruth Graham and other Christian leaders last week, thoughts, ideas, and insights further defined transparency. Some ideas were super sticky—they held fast, adhered to, and clung to our hearts. Today, we’re sharing 20 of those sticky quotes with you. Here we go…
1. When we speak the truth about us we give others permission to do the same. – Ruth Graham, ministry leader
2. Churches must become places where people can deal with their sin and pain. – Ruth Graham, ministry leader
3. When Jesus came, He shocked, surprised and exposed the system. Are we not called to do the same? – Tim Green, Dean of Religion, Travecca Nazarene Universty
We love because He first loved us. 1 John 4:19, NIV
by Toni Birdsong
Love is awesome because God is Love. We hope these truths and reflections on love help you love bigger, live deeper, and extend astonishing grace today to those around you. Whether you are single, coupled, widowed, divorced, or somewhere in between remember: the desire for love and to be loved exists because God first loved us. It’s a divine gift. So handle the hearts around you with care. Love God and one another well today on Valentine’s Day . . . and every day.
Twitter & FB #LiveSticky #Love discount today: Enjoy @stickyJesus: how to live out your faith online today for $10. Here’s your discount code for this location: Y6FXZHQB.
- “Love the Lord with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind . . . and love your neighbor as yourself.” ~Jesus Christ, Matt. 22:37-39 (paraphrased)
- “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~Jimi Hendrix
- “To love another person is to see the face of God.” ~Victor Hugo (Les Miserables)
- “The human heart tells us that we are more alike than we are unalike.” ~Maya Angelou (Letter to My Daughter)