By Toni Birdsong
Jesus said, “A man planted a vineyard and set a hedge around it.” ~ Mark 12:1
We live on a broken planet; in a culture increasingly underwhelmed by vows, divorce and extramarital affairs. But infidelity is anything but casual. It’s real. It destroys lives on earth and fractures eternity.
As Christians living in a digital world we need to get intentional about honoring the covenant of marriage—for ourselves—and for a mislead world looking on. A Christ-centered marriage puts a “no trespassing” sign in the enemy’s face and tells everyone around you that values such as “marriage, fidelity, honor, respect, family, faith, and love” will never go out of fashion in your home.
For no word from God will ever fail. Luke 1:37
By Toni Birdsong
Our words awaken us. Even unspoken they have the power to pry open our eyes and chase the sun as it begins to rise. Our words stampede the hours; wild horses on fire in a race to ignite significance. Human words can rally enthusiasm, stir a heart, and quiet life’s throbbing—for a little while.
As my hands formed you, I whispered purpose into your bones.
Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. Psalm 139:7-8
by Toni Birdsong
So many times we overcomplicate the simple. We wrestle with things for a lifetime that could have been settled in a moment had we stopped to really listen and truly understand. How many riches have we rushed past on our way to fill another gap? Whether you are Christ follower, a fence walker, or a non-believer who just stumbled on to this post “by chance,” Jesus Christ has something to say to you right now. He has called out your heart amid a digital stream of millions to make sure you hear His voice and understand how far His love will go to find you.
Here’s what Jesus wants you to know:
- You are my beloved. (Eph. 5:1)
- I knew you before you were born. As my hands formed you, I whispered purpose into your bones. I can’t not love you. (Ps. 139:1-6)
- I love you beyond human reason—even at your very worst, steeped in sin. (Rom. 5:8)
1. And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19
2. Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
3. I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone—for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. 1 Timothy 2:1-2
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, and self control. ~Galatians 5:22
The three things that will likely trip you up more than anything online will likely be your tongue, your temper, and intolerance for other people’s views, tastes, principles, beliefs, and behaviors. Here are 30 biblical truths to help you stay focused and call on heaven in a minute. Keep them handy. Don’t just read them, mediate on them, pray about them and ask God to make them personal and real to your specific situation.